There are a few things that have made their way into my world that give me the hearts in my real-life emoji eyes😍. Each of them are special and serve a very different purpose. Some are used daily and some only once in awhile but no matter what, they are my loves. It should not go unsaid that the PEOPLE in my life matter to me the most, but these THINGS follow behind them with nothing but ❤️ love! Luckily, I will be sharing those things with you too. Check it out!
I love taking pictures. My family loves it sometimes, other times I drive them crazy because of the constant camera lenses in their faces. Sincerely Him usually makes ridiculous faces when I try to catch a good one of him. Annoying! I am definitely not a professional but really love photography. I wanted to share with you the cameras I use other than my iPhone. Although, that one definitely gets the most action just out of convenience.
- Fujifilm Instax 210 – Who doesn’t LOVE polaroids? The first time we saw one, we were at a 40th birthday party. Everyone was supposed to take pictures with it and immediately add the polaroids to the photo album that was set out. We had a blast with it! After that party, we bought one for our trip to Disney. It was such an awesome addition to our trip! We took pictures of our kids with the characters and they were able to add the pictures to their authograph books right away. The characters loved it and so did we. Every character would take the time to flip through their books to see who they had already seen. Great memories were created with this camera. We picked the Fujifill Instax 210 because the polaroids are bigger in size than it’s little buddy’s, the Fuji Instax Mini. It just depends on what you are looking for but I imagine both perform the same. Make sure you buy the right film for whichever you decide. —Instax 210 Film and Instax Mini Film 2. I recommend to you all to invest in a nice camera. Even with all the smart phone technology, pictures from an actual camera make the world of a difference. To save money, I take my own pictures of my kids. The money you spend on a nice camera quickly pays for itself when you take and print your own. The quality of the photo always is better when it’s from my camera vs. my iPhone. I have the Canon Rebel T2i which is definitely an older model but I still love it, years later. It’s not the fanciest camera out there but it works for me. The new model is probably amazing. When I bought mine, I bought it in a bundle like this. It’s totally worth it and you save big bucks by doing it this way. I received this awesome camera strap from my sister in-law and not only is it stylish, but so much more comfortable than the one that comes with it – similar ones HERE!
With all of this being said, I don’t want to diminish the work of my amazing photographer friends. A camera is a camera and it will take nice pictures. However, it really does take a photographer to capture something spectacular. I love photography and one day I would love to be able to call myself a photographer but for now, I am okay with just being a lady with a good camera.
☕️Chemex-Amazing Coffee at home!
Sincerely Him and I love coffee and cool coffee shops. Unfortunately, we don’t have a local coffee shop in our neighborhood that we can walk to. We have some great ones near us, but the convenience of a local coffee shop a few doors down would be amazing. After many attempts to find the coffee pot that would recreate that coffee shop taste experience, I think we finally found it! The Chemex is essentially a glass vase-looking pot that uses the pour over method. The reviews say to stick with the Chemex filters, so we did. We bought this kettle to go along with our pot (it boils enough water to make about two 10 oz cups of coffee). I recommend buying one like this or bigger because it tells you when your water gets to that 200 degree temperature, the perfect coffee brewing temperature. The whole process takes about 10-15 minutes from start to finish. The longest part of the process is the boiling of the water. Here are the steps:
- Boil water until it hits 200 degrees- temperature gauge included in the kettle pictured
- Put filter in the Chemex and add your favorite coffee grounds. We are loving Cornerstone coffee if you are local.
- Pour water (200 degrees) over grounds in a circular fashion and watch the magic.
- Drink delicious coffee!
About a year ago we started making our own creamer. This recipe came from a friend of mine. It’s delicious! Bonus: it doesn’t have all the junk the store bought stuff has in it.
- 2 cups milk (whatever milk you prefer)
- 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of almond extract
- Stir and enjoy
Keep refrigerated. This recipe lasts us about 1 week and is so good! We love it!
Now it’s really time to ENJOY!
🌴 Coconut oil
Before I go on, I am not claiming that these uses for coconut oil are proven or that they will work for everyone. I am definitely not a doctor and I definitely have not been acclaimed by anyone as a Coconut Oil Expert. Now since we are all clear that I am just a regular chic who loves coconut oil, I’ll tell you why I love it. I buy the Costco brand of coconut oil but also like this one. The most important thing to remember, regardless of brand, is to get organic, virgin, and unrefined when buying it.
- Skin moisturizer and minor cuts – I use coconut oil as a moisturizer mostly in the summer because it is a little greasy. It does absorb but it takes some time. You kind of get that celebrity “glow” on your legs which makes you look way fabulous in dresses and shorts (at least that’s what I tell myself). I also use a little coconut oil on a Bandaid when we’re out of antibiotic oinment for minor cuts or brush burns. Works great!
- Deep conditioning for hair – When you have the time to sit around and look like a grease ball, coat your hair in coconut oil. It’s best if you let it sit for at least an hour. I use a clarifying shampoo, may need to wash it twice. Your hair and scalp will love you afterwards.
- Oil pulling – If you have never heard of oil pulling, I recommend that you do a little reading. Essentially, you swish 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes and enjoy the benefits! I oil pull several times a week but try to do it daily (You’re welcome for not taken pictures of this process). It acts as a teeth whitener and I swear up and down that it has helped keep me healthier during the winter. I have not received any medical proof of this, but since I have started to oil pull it seems that I have dodged some illnesses. If you were to ask my family, they may tell you that you can sometimes catch me oil pulling after one of them gets really sick. I fully admit to oil pulling every morning and night after we realized strep throat worked its way into our house.——-There are some things I would like to share if you decide you want to try it. (1) Start small and work your way up to 20 minutes slowly. Don’t try to throw a giant glob of it in your mouth the first time and think you can do it for 20 minutes without gagging. I have never heard of anyone who nailed it the first time they tried it. (2) Don’t swallow it…spit it out (they say that there is a ton of bacteria that comes out while you do it, so you don’t want to put that back in your body). (3) Don’t spit it in the sink when your done. Coconut oil hardens when it cools, so this could be a clogged mess for your drain and pipes. I recommend spitting it in a paper cup and then throw the cup away in your trash can. (4) Find something to do while your oil pulling – read of blog, take a shower, dry your hair, paint your nails, clean your house…whatever it is, it helps make the time go by.— On a side note, I would say that oil pulling has upped our family’s sherades game by a million. I literally can have an entire conversation with my kids and husband without saying a word. It’s pretty impressive actually. We challenge you to a game of sherades- we will win!
- Cooking – I recommend searching recipes with the use of coconut oil. Its a very healthy oil and could replace almost any oil in a recipe. It does have a coconut taste by itself, but can be hidden with certain spices and flavors. One of my very favorite things to make with coconut oil is a Sincerely Amanda special, we call it Crunchy Peanut Butter Bark. With the help of some friends, I think we figured out the perfect healthy snack that tastes like the inside of a crunchy peanut butter egg but is so much healthier! Here you go:
There are a ton of ways they say you can use coconut oil, I have just shared the ones I use most often.
Let me know if you share the same love for these things I have shared with you. What makes YOU get all Emoji? I would love to hear about them, maybe even try them for myself.
Don’t forget to sign up to receive our blog posts via email. Remember, the only way to be eligible for our giveways is to subcrive to our blog.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18478107/?claim=2yf3g6xs4zc”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>