Renting The Runway…
Another LOVE of mine is getting a beautiful ‘Badgley Mischka’ designer dress for only $35 when the sticker price is $750. HOW?
RENT the RUNWAY
My office was having a fancy Winter Celebration party. I had heard of RENT the RUNWAY and wanted to try it but never had the occasion to warrant renting a glamorous dress…up until we heard about the office party. So I decided to give it a try. This is my very first RENT the RUNWAY experience. How does it work?
- Go to www.renttherunway.com or download the app on your phone. I used the app on my iPhone and it was very easy to use. You will need to create an account.
- Browse and select a dress. There are SO many dresses to choose from. You can filter by color, size, occasion…even body type, sleeve, neckline and more. What I LOVE even more is that there are reviews with pictures of real women with all different body types in the dress. The reviews will include their height, weight, what size they rented, and sometimes even their bra size. They also include helpful tips like if the dress runs small and you may want to size up, material is very stretchy and size down, true to size, etc.
- Once you’ve decided on a dress, choose the option to Reserve Now. You’ll be asked for information for your rental. Your rental period is 4 DAYS. My event was on a Saturday evening so I chose my rental period to be from the Thursday before to Sunday. Select your size that you wish to rent. You also get a FREE 2ND size….it’s FREE so why not, right?
- Choose your delivery date.
- Add to bag and complete checkout.
- Wait for your dress to arrive.
I was worried if the dress would fit as I have many challenges with finding clothes that fit right off the shelf with being 5′ tall, large-chested, small-waisted, and itty-bitty feet. I tried the first size on and YAY, it fit! I was so happy and surprised! I received compliments all night on how beautiful my dress was.
The next day, I put both dresses (unwashed) back in the bag and took it to Staples to ship the RTR dresses back in time. For every day late, you will be charged $50 per day so be sure to return it on time!
Would I Rent the Runway again? Absolutely! Not every dress is $35. The prices range from $30 to a whole lot more but as I browse through the dresses, I would say the average cost is about $50 – $75. I was lucky that the dress I LOVED was a ‘Badgley Mischka’ dress AND it was ONLY $35.
Do you have an event coming up? Try it out here and enjoy $30 off using that link!
Have you tried Rent the Runway? What was your experience?